Leidos is seeking an Insider Threat/UAM (User Activity Monitoring) Analyst to work out of the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA, anticipated to start later this spring/summer.
This position will serve as a member of Joint Service Provider (JSP) User Activity Monitoring (UAM) Team. UAM analysts triage, analyze, and assess alerts and document and report findings through a case management system. Information is further shared with impacted parties for follow-on analysis. The UAM team continually deploys, maintains, and tunes countermeasures in response to new or changing insider threat tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs). The UAM team also provides information to the UAM Lead to fulfill JSP trending and reporting requirements.
- Triage and analyze UAM alerts
- Document and report findings to impacted organizations
- Provide information to the UAM lead for customer trending and reporting
- Create and implement countermeasures to specific weaknesses against known adversarial TTPs
- Support meetings where UAM representation is needed
- Provide recommendations to contractor and government leadership on ways to improve the UAM program
- Active TS/SCI
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of professional experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- At least 6 months of UAM or insider threat detection experience.
- Demonstrated experience with UAM capabilities and common insider threat TTPs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network traffic and communications, including known ports and services.
- Demonstrated experience with the Windows operating system and other operating systems (e.g., Linux or Unix).
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating with external organizations, especially Law Enforcement and Counter Intelligence.
- Knowledge of incident handling procedures.
- Understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats (internal and external), attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
External Referral Eligible
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.