Leidos seeks a Network Operations Engineer with network and server experience to support the DoD Mobility Classified Capability (DMCC) program in San Antonio, TX.
This role supports a 24x7 operation and candidates must be able to support quarterly shift rotations and occasional on-call and after hours work.
We seek a candidate with expertise in LAN/WAN, VPN, and routing and switching configuration and management to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability service. In this role, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical expertise for daily operations and maintenance of systems.
- Effectively troubleshooting, isolating, and resolving technical problems to minimize system downtime.
- Assisting with preparing and maintaining technical documentation, drawings and related artifacts.
- Help to implement routine updates, approved upgrades and engineering or design changes.
- Help to isolate and resolve technical issues and problems that impact multiple networks, systems, and devices.
You will work as part of a Network Operations team responsible for managing an infrastructure comprised of a variety of systems supporting voice and data services. Your experience with operating and maintaining some/all of the following systems is preferred:
- Cisco Routers and Switches (required)
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Juniper Firewalls
- Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- F5 BIG-IP Traffic Managers
- Windows servers
- Linux servers
- VMware/ESXi virtualization
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience or Master’s degree and 2 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE)
- Experience troubleshooting, configuring, and maintaining IP networks: LAN/WAN, VLAN, STP, Trunking, Static / Dynamic routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Experience operating or sustaining an Enterprise level architecture where systems are located at multiple sites
- Experience providing technical problem resolution for network infrastructure problems or anomalies
- Support the testing and implementation of network, system, and infrastructure changes
- Knowledge of advanced networking techniques: port aggregation, IPSEC, L2TP/VPN, IPS route-maps and capture filters
- Experience performing system administration tasks (installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching)
- Experience with Windows AD Domain Services, SCCM and WSUS configuration/management
- Experience with Group Policy management, PowerShell scripting, SQL Server, Windows Server Backup
- Experience with Red Hat Linux CLI and a basic understanding of the Linux operating system
- Certifications with major system vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, and Red Hat
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.