Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Windows Systems Administrator with network experience to support the DoD Mobility Capability (DMCC) program as part of GSM-O II in Columbus, OH. We seek a candidate with expertise in Windows Active Directory Domain Services, SCCM and WSUS configuration and management to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability service.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs . It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
In this role, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical expertise for daily operations and maintenance of systems.
- Effectively troubleshooting, isolating, and resolving technical problems to minimize system downtime.
- Preparing and maintaining technical documentation, drawings and related artifacts.
- Collaborating with other technical experts to provide engineering solutions for design changes and upgrades.
- Candidates in this role must be able to support occasional call back and after hours work.
You will work as part of a Network Operations team responsible for managing an infrastructure comprised of a variety of systems supporting voice and data services. Your experience with operating and maintaining some/all of the following systems is preferred:
- Windows servers (required)
- Linux servers
- VMware/ESXi virtualization
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Juniper Firewalls
- Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- F5 BIG-IP Traffic Managers
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience or Master’s degree and 2 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE)
- Experience performing system administration tasks (installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching)
- Fluent with Windows AD Domain Services, SCCM and WSUS configuration/management
- Experience with maintaining Windows services in an air-gapped environment
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience with Group Policy management, PowerShell scripting, SQL Server, Windows Server Backup
- Experience configuring and maintaining network devices such as: switches, routers, and firewalls
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as: OSI Model, LAN/WAN, IPv4/IPv6, subnetting and VLANs
- Experience with Red Hat Linux CLI and a basic understanding of the Linux operating system
- Certifications with major system vendors such as Microsoft, Red Hat, Cisco and Juniper
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.