Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Come join the Leidos Research Support Team supporting the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL), where you’ll be able to work side by side conducting research with world-class scientists and engineers using state of the art equipment to contribute to new areas of basic and applied research; discover, integrate, and mature technology solutions to enhance the nation’s energy foundation and protect the environment for future generations. You will contribute to the development of patents, written reports, journal articles, and contribute to presentations on findings, highlights, and innovative solutions in DOE-sanctioned meetings, scientific conferences, and national committees. Explore the Research Support Services (RSS) contract for the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) here - https://netl.doe.gov/
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our team in Albany, OR. This work will involve a multi-disciplinary, scientific, and technically-oriented national laboratory team, participation alongside other data scientists, engineers, geologists, and computer scientists that produces technological solutions for America’s energy challenges. From developing creative innovations and efficient energy systems, to advancing technologies that enhance oil and natural gas extraction and transmission processes, NETL research is providing breakthroughs and discoveries that support home-grown energy initiatives, stimulate a growing economy, and improve the health, safety, and security of all Americans. Highly skilled women and men at NETL’s three research sites – Albany, Oregon; Morgantown, West Virginia, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – conduct a broad range of research activities that support DOE’s mission to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the United States.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Planning, organizing, securing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
- Ensuring that all programs are executed within scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Tracking project spending and projections for each project with input provided by the financial and support groups.
- Interfacing with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Working independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Solving complex problems spanning a range of issues or areas that require thorough analysis.
- Communicating with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other professional resources, etc.).
- Possessing a working knowledge of policy, practices and procedures and conveying that knowledge to others within the organization.
- Identify, train, and work with research leaders to develop scope work plans, assign staff, and hire additional supports.
- Meet regularly with assigned staff to develop 5-year plans, follow up with annual goals, identify and foster areas of growth.
- Coordinate with other Project Managers to form new research connections for staff, thereby increasing flexibility for client and team.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in the physical sciences and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters in the physical sciences with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong skills in leadership, organization, communication, and conflict management.
- Ability to learn and apply policy and procedure.
- Experience in organizational coaching and transformational leadership with a growth mindset.
- Experience managing client expectations.
- Experience in research and people leadership
- Prior supervisory leadership
Program Specific Salary Range: $85K to $105K
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.