No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
We are looking for a GIS Tech to work out of our Durham, Wilmington or Richmond office. This role has the potential to be 100% remote.
Successful GIS Tech candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- Interface with local clients
- Interactions with other disciplines (Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
The successful GIS Tech candidate will support some or all of the following activities:
- Use GIS/CAD software to support electric distribution projects and data maintenance for higher complexity and priority projects.
- Reference as-builts, work management logs, & other documentation to update GIS data to reflect electric distribution construction completed in the field
- Identify data inconsistencies and communicate with the appropriate resources to provide accurate data updates to client systems
- Obtain and manipulate GIS data at state and municipality level
- Create base maps for site locations and develop site applications for new distribution work
- Use engineering designs, client standards, and surveying data to produce plan sets for underground utilities (including plan and profile, conduit/cable sketches, traffic control plan, etc.)
- Ability to work in an Agile team environment where collaboration and receptiveness to feedback are essential to producing high quality work to meet Leidos & clients’ standards. Travel to sites as needed, perform inspections, and return to the office to perform engineering design work.
- Storm response work as needed
GIS Tech Basic Qualifications:
- Requires HS Diploma or equivalent and 0-2 years of relevant experience. Bachelors degree, Associates or Drafting certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of Client Standards preferred.
- GIS experience required, CAD experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in outdoor environments
GIS Tech Software Experience in one or more programs required:
- GIS Software such as Small World, Esri Suite (ArcMap, ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcIMS, ArcWeb services and ArcGIS Server), QGIS
- CAD Software such as Bentley Systems (MicroStation), Autodesk (AutoCAD, Maya, Civil 3D)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, etc.) required
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.