Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing and evaluation team. The position will support the design, testing, and fabrication of various sensor systems, with primary focus on acoustic sensing technology for undersea applications.
As an Electrical Engineer you will support the analysis of requirements, acoustic sensor performance and capabilities, and assist with formulating sensor and sensor array designs, incorporating acoustic sensing capabilities to satisfy operational requirements.
The Electrical Engineer will read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings to collaborate with CAD and eCAD designers in the development of prototype systems. This position will also support the development of fabrication plans and processes to build prototype systems.
The Electrical Engineer will participate in testing and evaluating prototype performance and overall sensor capabilities. This will require the candidate to perform hardware analysis/assessment, troubleshooting, documentation and eCAD tools. Having knowledge of microcontrollers and embedded system is a plus.
The individual will also work with a small team of technicians and engineers to define future sensor performance and system requirements
- Analog circuit theory, design and implementation (pre-amp, analog filters, ADC and DAC).
- Experienced with PSpice tool(s) for circuit simulation
- Hardware troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with PCB layout and tools such as Altium or similar eCAD tool
- Experience with MATLAB and LabView
- Experience with in-lab equipment (power supplies, o-scope, function generator, spectrum analyzer, DMM)
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with noise reduction in Analog design
- Experience with C/C++ and C#
- Experience with FPGA/PLD and/or microcontrollers
- Knowledge and/or experience with battery powered devices
- Knowledge and/or experience with underwater acoustics
- Ability to work in small groups
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong hardware troubleshooting skills
- Ability to adapt and learn on the job
- Documentation skills is a plus
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- Currently held SECRET or TOP SECRET a significant plus.
Level of Experience:
- Recent College Graduate thru 5 Years
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.