The EW Division of Leidos is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our cross-functional engineering team to implement tools and processes to ensure Leidos’ key processes have robust plans to deliver first time quality and will implement the industrial security program and ensure security requirements are met for the Leidos facility and program office. The person will investigate, evaluate, and resolve quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Quality Engineer will conduct analysis of defects and lead multiple projects to completion and coordinate and monitor highly sensitive aspects of DoD or other industrial security programs and other security activities while ensuring compliance with government and company security policies and procedures.
- Work with internal process owners and suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve quality performance goals.
- Evaluate the impact of non-conforming product and assess suppliers' corrective action robustness in order to ensure strong and permanent countermeasures.
- Perform process audits to ensure that Leidos and Suppliers’ QMS is maintained and process improvements are sustained
- Serve as the FSO and responsible for implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met.
- The successful candidate will interface with all levels of Leidos personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD Manual 5205.07, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides.
- The candidate will be required to conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
- Management of COMSEC related duties and responsibilities under NSA CSS 3-16 and AR 380-40.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance, or ability to obtain
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and ISO9001:2015
- The ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve quality problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work and interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM, other relevant DoD security guidance as well as the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) standards.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, customer service orientated.
- Commitment to security - creating and delivering the highest value to customers.
- Ability to interpret company and government security policies and apply them to program operations.
- US Citizenship required
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience working with a Contract manufacturer of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Possess knowledge and experience with the manufacturing, inspection, and acceptance of Electro-mechanical systems and/or Printed Circuit Boards of varying complexities.
- Direct knowledge of Manufacturing processes and supply chain logistics from raw material to finished goods
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.