Leidos has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator / Information Security Systems Engineer to work on a dynamic program in the Herndon, VA area. This role will support multiple IT projects offering exposure to a variety of technologies and systems. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph for consideration.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the configuration, administration, reliable operation support and maintenance of AWS based systems including associated hardware. Requires monitoring and updating current and new network systems, implementing critical system patches, scheduling O&M activities, and coordination of all customer related issues. . The Systems Administrator will ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the systems they manage meet the needs of the users. The candidate must be able to work in a high-energy environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Provide enterprise level O&M services, troubleshooting, system backup, restore, and software upgrades for approved deployments to the Development, Test and Production AWS environments.
- Provide technical support to project teams for integration/deployment applications into the AWS production environment.
- Provide hardware and virtual Linux server build, installation, troubleshooting, O&M, system backups and restoral for sponsor customers.
- Provide guidance, recommendations and technical assistance on AWS services, hardware platforms, and operational system software as needed to software development teams, project managers and customers.
- Monitor and take responsive actions on enterprise-level system alarms and audit events.
- Provide system hardening to Linux and Windows based platforms.
- Plan, develop and implement system security procedures to include implementing firewalls, SSL, x509 and PKI certificates.
- Ensure patch compliance and version updates on all software up to and including middleware used by applications.
- Provide monthly reporting outlining patch compliance and version updates.
- Create and publish standard operation procedures for the O&M of systems.
- Perform Data Transfer Officer (DTO) duties and other System Administrator functions as required.
- Manage accounts, network rights, access to systems and equipment and implement security procedures and tools.
- Resolve hardware and software interface and interoperability problems.
- Ensures systems availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency.
- Current TS/SCI active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and 8 years of related experience. Additional related IT experience may substitute for a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a System Administrator
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working with VMware utilization technologies
- Minimum of 2 years’ Linux system administration including logging.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Microsoft System Administration including lodging scripting ,Group Policy objects (GPO's) and Windows servers roles including DHCP, DNS and active directory.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with SAN storage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012 System Administration and Troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of essentials for IT security and security administration.
- VMWare Certified Professional Certification
- Must have Security + certification.
- Experience with maintaining servers, storage devices and applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- AWS certification.
- 3+ years’ experience as an Information Security Systems Engineer
- Experience addressing enterprise auditing requirements
- Experience with the sponsor’s A&A process and systems
- ICD-503 experience
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.