The Leidos C4ISR Mission Solutions Division is looking for a Chief Engineer to drive the replacement and integration of Missile Defense software in support of the Space Systems Center in Colorado Springs, CO. The work includes system engineering, model-based system engineering, software analysis, software development demonstrations and product testing and deployment. Leidos is focused on finding the best people, processes, and tools that will provide solutions in data integration and fusion, data analytics, data mining, predictive analytics, data visualization, and decision support tools.
This position will report directly to the Program Manager.
- Lead an all-star team of engineers and software developers to manage Configuration and Change Processes, Scheduling, Training, Requirements, Data Management and Architecture
- Support, coordinate, control, and facilitate integration activities which include: configuration/change management, technical baseline change management, test and evaluation, systems integration, and deployment of DO delivered artifacts
- Deliver updated Engineering Drawings resulting from this DO, as necessary, to the Government and Sustainment Activities Provider
- Identify and work with the team on any document or network diagram changes
- Coordinate all schedule activities with Government, Third-party contractors and any stakeholders to ensure timing and sequence of events
- Ability to work with diverse teams and/or subcontractors to ensure delivery of software products and services
- Bachelor’s degree with 12 years of experience or Master’s degree with 10 years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Currently possess a Secret with ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience with space object tracking or space defensive operations
- Extensive knowledge managing software development efforts from start to finish
- Experience with Cameo System Modeler or other Model-based System Engineering tools
- Clear understanding of agile principles and implementation
- Master's degree in associated field
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Past experience in Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), Global Data Integration (GDI), or other key missile defense programs or areas
- Experience with establishing tailored baselines for quality programs and use of quality tracking tools like Engineering Edge Next Generation (EENG)
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.