Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking an experience AWS Developer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting clients in the utility industry.
The AWS Developer will design, develop, deploy, and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide AWS development and support for all aspects of programming, report writing, designing, and testing.
- Ability to communicate with users to understand the issue, diagnose and resolve technical problems which will require making modifications to code, testing the code, and promoting the code to the production environment.
- Provide technical application support for client-server, web, and cloud-based applications.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues in highly interconnected and integrated enterprise applications.
- Work directly with technical and non-technical customers.
- Develop, test, and deploy enhancements to existing systems while working with key customers, other team members, and management.
- Gather software application requirements through interactions with business users
- Collaborate with business analyst team members to identify gaps and dependencies in requirements across applications and departments.
- Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization, requirements changes, and conflict resolution.
- Support the organization during User Acceptance Testing to ensure solutions meet the business requirements and help determine the most appropriate actions to address problems identified through project testing or other assessment efforts.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field with 4+ years’ related experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Current AWS Developer certification or related AWS certification required
- Experience with Simple cloud Storage Service (S3) required
- Python experience preferred
- Experience with EMR, Spark, Angular, Java, AI/ML, moving and transforming data, and dynamo DB is preferred
- 5 plus years of experience in a consulting environment is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must have experience in analyzing, developing, testing, and deploying software solutions
- Strong communication (written and oral), documentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast, paced environment and perform duties without direct supervision.
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks to ensure project deadlines are met
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.