Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense group currently has an opening for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) on the GSM-O program in support of the Joint Service Provider (JSP). The position will have a direct impact maintaining and improving the security posture of a primary IT and cybersecurity service provider to the Pentagon and DoD 4th Estate across the National Capital Region. The ISSO will provide support at one of three primary locations in Arlington, Alexandria, and Crystal City VA.
Clearance: An active Secret security clearance (or higher) is required to start.
Certification: You must hold a current DoD 8570 IAT II Certification to qualify.
- Under the direction of the Government Information System Security Manager (ISSM) the ISSO specific responsibilities will include:
- Establish and implement security procedures and practices in support of Customer goals and current DoD regulations.
- Develop and update assessment and authorization documentation (Body of Evidence) for management and continuous monitoring of information systems.
- Use knowledge of the Information System (IS) and demonstrate understanding of established Information Assurance requirements validate security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP), customer policies & regulations, and ensure local policies are followed.
- Initiate the authorization or re-authorization efforts and process for new or expiring systems and coordinate, schedule, and attend required meetings
- Serve as the System ISSO for various JSP systems
- Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform security audits IAW established procedures. Develop process for the management, review, and retention of security audit data. Make decisions and implement corrective action as required to resolve audit discrepancies.
- Author and review IS security-related documentation and submit to eMASS.
- Provide critical thinking to ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Establish system specific recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly protected and restored.
- Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide security engineering review of proposed changes or additions to the IS (including hardware, software, or connectivity), and advise the ISSM of the security relevance.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures for use by members of the ISSO team
- Support the ISSO Team Lead in conducting lessons learned activities to improve the overall productivity and efficiency of the ISSO team
Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, or related discipline and 8+ years of direct experience; or Master’s degree and 6+ years of experience. Additional relevant/specialized training and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Possess a current DoD 8570 compliant certification for IAT Level II, e.g. Security + w/CE prior to start.
Must hold active DoD Secret clearance or higher (program can support up to TS/SCI).
Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DSS, etc.)
Experience creating and/or updating a project management plan
Possess and demonstrate superb customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks along with extensive knowledge and experience in specialized area of expertise, especially as it relates to the Department of Defense (DoD).
Hands-on experience conducting vulnerability assessment and analysis utilizing SCAP, ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
Current DoD Top Secret clearance
Substantial experience conducting security audits of information systems.
Extensive training or experience with Windows based Information Systems standards with a working knowledge of LINUX & Solaris operating systems.
Current Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.