Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is seeking a C++ / GUI Software Engineer. Join our multidisciplinary and expert engineering team for an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology on developing state-of-the-art products, and make global impact in airport security detection!
This is a fully remote position but the preference is for the candidate to be local to the Tewksbury MA, St Petersburg FL, or Vista CA office locations.
As a Software Engineer on our diverse and collaborative team, you will work alongside our expert Scientists and Engineers, contributing to cutting edge technology with global impact on security detection. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill software development – you’ll be honing your engineering skills with embedded products, real-time programming, and object oriented design, all with the support of a management team focused on your professional growth and advancement.
Working under general supervision in a diverse team, your primary responsibility will be to design, implement, modify and troubleshoot multi-tiered distributed user-facing applications and systems. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code using good OOP/OOAD techniques for our systems, with emphasis on UI/UX.
- Work with backend developers and software leads to create sound UI solutions.
- Optimize, identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions to problems including:
- Maintain code quality, revision control and organization
- Analyze customer issues and identify and implement solutions.
- Participate and contribute within a defined software development process.
- Occasional travel to customer sites may be required. Travel may be domestic and international.
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of relevant experience, or at least 6 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience designing and implementing intuitive GUIs
- Working knowledge of C++
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of C++ and OOP/OOAD
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design solutions
- Understanding of memory management, multicore processors, and distributed systems design
- GPU Programming with CUDA and/or OpenCL (Highly Desirable)
- Understanding of computer graphics
- Graphics Design, GUI development
- Experience with Qt 5 or above
- Linux Platform development
- Interfacing with hardware and real-time debugging.
- Good working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Cybersecurity
- Working knowledge of networking solutions.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out this link to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation.
We offer flexible work arrangements and value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.