Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire an experienced Electronic Technician to join our project team in San Diego, CA. Candidates will be part of a world-class team responsible for the manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications. Work will involve both prototype and production systems.
This junior-level position will require the candidate to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance. You will be joining a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing and evaluation team at Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific located in San Diego, California.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Assemble and rework printed circuit boards with fine-pitch SMT (Surface Mount Technology) components under a microscope.
- Perform incoming material receiving inspection for circuit card assemblies (CCAs) and wire harnesses
- Provide field service support on an as-needed basis, including support at-sea.
- Collect, maintain, organize, compile, and manipulate technical data
- Work closely with engineering and recommends alternative solutions to problems and obstacles.
- Set-up and conduct tests and records data to assist with engineering analysis.
- Expertise in soldering (assembly and rework) with SMT (Surface Mount Technology) components on printed circuit boards utilizing a microscope (as required).
- Includes all types of fine-pitch integrated circuits and passive components to 0402 size.
- Capable of reading and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings, specifications, work orders, and test procedures.
- Expertise with the use and operation of standard electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, meters, frequency generators, etc.
- Expertise in troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems.
- Expertise in fiber optics troubleshooting, and repair.
- Capable of writing work orders and test procedures.
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting of issues; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of related experience
- Marine / Shipboard experience
- Experience building hardware for arrays and acoustic arrays
- Soldering Certification
- Ability to work aboard small boats (i.e. not susceptible to motion sickness)
- Willing to travel for short periods of time to support project requirements
- Current Secret clearance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.