This position is responsible for leading shifts the Security Operations Center (SOC) for a federal law enforcement agency. The SOC consists of a variety of highly-skilled, technical staff performing Monitoring and Analysis, Cyber Incident Handling, Threat Intelligence & Hunting, non-compliance reporting, user activity monitoring, malware and forensic analysis, vulnerability assessments and penetration testing. Furthermore, the SOC Shift Lead coordinates 24x7 shift staffing to support mission-critical operations, including incident response, and manages surge support.
- Supervise and manage a shift of Cyber Security Analysts within the SOC in support of the Government Customer
- Manage and conduct hands-on technical detection, analysis, containment, eradication, and remediation in support of day to day operations
- Provide guidance and mentorship to improve analyst skill sets and ensure delivery of high quality analysis and work products
- Ensure accountability and punctuality of security analysts
- Capture Cybersecurity metrics in direct-support to executive-level briefings (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Establish trust and business relationships with customer and other relevant stakeholders
- Perform analysis and quality assurance for Team work product
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field or higher and 8+ years’ experience in an information technology field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the areas of incident detection and response, malware analysis, or computer forensics.
- 3 years of supervisory responsibility and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create technical reports based on analytical findings.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be Top Secret – Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Eligible
Possess any of the following certifications
- CISSP, CASP, CCSP, SSCP, SANS GIAC:GMON GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GCFE, GREM
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization including prior experience performing large-scale incident response.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and experience performing monitoring and responding to threats in Cloud environments.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.