Leidos is currently seeking a RCDD Telecommunications Subject Matter Expert (SME) to be based on site with our U.S. Air Force client at either Al Udeid AB or Al Dhafra AB. Due to the eligibility to obtain a CAC card on a timely basis, US citizenship is required. This position will be responsible for performing communications assistance for facility design and construction projects. You will attend meetings as required for projects or investigative/project development tasks. You will also be responsible for reviewing host nation provided design submittals and perform construction inspections and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction inspectors. You will assist reviewing and analyzing preliminary and final plans, and specifications for constructability, technical sufficiency and adequacy. You will prepare necessary correspondence, technical reports, fact sheets, and status reports and coordinate construction activities with multiple stakeholders. Duties include coordinating designs with appropriate managers and staff elements and maintaining current engineering data for assigned projects.
- Performing communication system design and construction analysis
- Attending meetings as required for projects or investigative/project development tasks
- Reviewing host nation provided design submittals
- Supporting construction inspections, and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction inspectors.
- Field verifying facility communications features and systems
- Monitoring construction, reviewing submittals, and as-built drawings
- Ensuring compliance with contract plans and specifications
- Design review and coordination
- Performing technical review of construction bids
- Responding to contractor Requests For Information (RFI)
- Coordination with Host Nation and USAF stakeholders
We are looking for a Communications SME with experience in inside plant and outside plant installation, testing, repair, and operations and maintenance of telecommunications equipment and systems. This includes aerial and underground ductbanks, conduit, copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cabling, terminations, splicing, patch panels, multiplex equipment, cabinets, racks, surge protection, and lightning protection. Your ability to work collaboratively with a team of people from across multiple organizations and the company will be crucial for success.
- Experience (5+ years) with inside plant operation and outside plant maintenance experience, installation, testing, and repair of telecommunications equipment and systems
- Experience working with the following:
- Installation of ducts and conduits, pulling cables, and terminating, testing, splicing, and repairing copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cabling
- Installation of outside and interior copper and fiber cabling, fiber optic modems, fiber multiplex equipment, fiber patch panels, analog and digital copper patch panels, main and intermediate distribution frames, lightning protection, and supporting ground and power connections.
- Installation of cabinets, cable ladder and rack systems, and equipment components in the cabinets
- Practical experience in the maintenance of telephony systems/equipment to include: electronics repair, maintenance, and checkout. One (1) year practical experience in electronics installation
- Experience in Project Management preferred
- Registered Communications Distribution Design (RCDD) preferred
- Previous experience working in a similar setting preferred
- Must be medically fit for duty (immunizations, dental clearance)
- Must have an active SECRET clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.