is currently seeking a Security Forces Subject Matter Expert (SME) to be based on site with our U.S. Air Force client at either Al Udeid AB or Al Dhafra AB. Due to the eligibility to obtain a CAC card on a timely basis, US citizenship is required. This position will be responsible for performing security assistance for facility design and construction projects. You will attend meetings as required for projects or investigative/project development tasks. You will also be responsible for reviewing host nation provided design submittals and perform construction inspections and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction inspectors. You will assist reviewing and analyzing preliminary and final plans, and specifications for constructability, technical sufficiency and adequacy. You will prepare necessary correspondence, technical reports, fact sheets, and status reports and coordinate construction activities with multiple stakeholders. Duties include coordinating designs with appropriate managers and staff elements and maintaining current engineering data for assigned projects.
- Performing security system design analysis services including requirements for Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP), physical protection, priority resource protection, flightline security, SCIF/ICD 705 design, and Electronic Security Systems (ESS).
- Attending meetings as required for projects or investigative/project development tasks
- Reviewing host nation provided design submittals
- Supporting construction inspections, and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction inspectors.
- Field verifying facility security features and systems
- Monitoring construction, reviewing submittals, and as-built drawings
- Ensuring compliance with contract plans and specifications
- Design review and coordination
- Performing technical review of construction bids
- Responding to contractor Requests For Information (RFI)
- Coordination with Host Nation and USAF stakeholders
We are looking for a Security Forces SME with demonstrable experience as a law enforcement officer or; through service as a military police officer or; on a military special operations team as an operator specializing in counter-terrorism or dignitary protection or; in other work such as a Special/Security Police Officer (SPO) that provided the required knowledge and skills of law enforcement operations, practices, techniques, and judicious use of force, to include firearms. Your ability to work collaboratively with a team of people from across multiple organizations and the company will be crucial for success.
- Experience (5+ years) in Security Forces management and/or security engineering for Defense (DoD) facilities and installations
- Graduation from an accredited law enforcement academy or comparable course of instruction.
- Completion the United States Army Military Police School, Antiterrorism Officer Basic Course (ATOBC) or Air Force equivalency
- In-depth knowledge of AFI 31-101, Integrated Defense and Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) codes.
- Advanced training in Physical Security and Force Protection preferred
- Experience in Project Management preferred
- Previous experience working in a similar setting preferred
- Must be medically fit for duty (immunizations, dental clearance)
- Must have an active SECRET clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.