Leidos is currently seeking a Electrical Engineer to be based on site with our U.S. Air Force client at either Al Udeid AB or Al Dhafra AB. Due to the eligibility to obtain a CAC card on a timely basis, US citizenship is required. This position will be responsible for performing design and construction assistance on facility projects. This includes reviewing designs and associated construction submittals for conformance with pertinent design features, material, equipment, and specifications. You will assist reviewing and analyzing preliminary and final plans, and specifications for constructability, technical sufficiency and adequacy. You will prepare necessary correspondence, technical reports, fact sheets, and status reports and coordinate construction activities with multiple stakeholders. Duties include coordinating designs with appropriate managers and staff elements and maintaining current engineering data for assigned projects.
- Performing complete design and investigative services including electric power distribution networks, power load determination, exterior electric, interior electric, fire alarm systems, and site lighting.
- Cradle-to-grave project management
- Coordinating projects among disciplines
- Field verifying facility and utility system conditions
- Monitoring construction, reviewing submittals, and as-build drawings
- Ensuring compliance with contract plans and specifications
- Design review and coordination
- Performing engineering calculations
- Performing technical review of construction bids
- Construction coordination and submittal review
- Responding to contractor Requests For Information (RFI)
- Coordination with Host Nation and USAF stakeholders
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with demonstrable experience in design and construction for the Department of Defense, with well-developed professional skills and a proven track record of delivering results. Your ability to work collaboratively with a team of people from across multiple organizations and the company will be crucial for success.
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Experience (5+ years) in facility engineering for Defense (DoD) MILCON and FSRM projects
- Demonstrated the ability to complete projects on schedule and within budget
- Must be medically fit for duty (immunizations, dental clearance)
- Must have an active SECRET clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.