We are seeking an Incident Manager to develop, manage and oversee the day to day running of the Incident Management processes within the Service Operations department of a major new programme within the organisation. This is an opportunity to join our growing Defence Business area working with an exciting selection of customers in a role with real world impact.
You will be reporting directly to the Service Delivery Manager and offers the opportunity not only to undertake the role delivery but also to support ongoing improvement and process development within an ITIL v3 framework, really making and individual mark. There is also real progression potential within the team and across the wider Leidos Defence Portfolio.
You will operate within a combined team delivering Service Support directly to the customer, but engaging closely with an agile change delivery team: both supporting their work with subject matter expertise and placing tasks on them to enable long term and sustainable resolution to problems and incidents. They will also be working closely with resolver groups from a number of different areas and ensuring that the processes they are responsible for are enacted and sustained.
Your main responsibilities within this role will include:
· Effective implementation of the Incident Management process for the programme, reporting as required to sustain the operation and provide evidence of Service Levels.
· Providing Incident related information at governance meetings on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
· Planning and coordinating Incident Management related activities as required to enable monitoring and reporting.
· Acting as the main Point of contact for all Major Incidents.
· Working with the wider team to own, progress and close Incidents in a sustainable manner, including overview of longer term resolution work.
· Engage with the Problem Manager and Agile Change Team to provide guidance and requirements relating to any long term resolution work done outside of the core Resolver Groups.
· Monitor Incident rate, closures and resolutions to ensure that the Service Level Agreement are maintained.
· Identify, initiate, schedule and conduct Incident Reviews
· Ensure the closure and linked communication of all resolved and end-user confirmed Incident records
· Liaise and interact with other ITIL process managers to ensure processes are correctly aligned to provide the best possible service.
· Supporting the Continuous Improvement of the service including the development of the Incident Management process area.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
· Experience and a strong background in delivering ITIL (v3) Best Practice and experience in Service operations processes with particular focus on Incident Management.
· A knowledge and understanding of ITIL (v3) functions, principles and processes.
· Technical knowledge at a managerial level or experience of configuring automated tools for system monitoring and event notification e.g. OpManager, NetCool, SCOM etc.
· Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to define security requirements;
· Knowledge of VMware virtualisation.
· A good understanding of WINTEL in secure environments.
· Problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Willingness to work out of hours or support out of hours work being delivered by others on occasion.
· Current SC clearance; willing and able to obtain the highest level of UK Security Clearances
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Private Medical Insurance
· 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
· Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.