We are seeking a Problem Manager to develop, manage and oversee the day to day running of the Problem Management processes within the Service Operations department of a major new programme within the organisation. This is an opportunity to join our growing Defence Business area working with an exciting selection of customers in a role with real world impact.
You will be reporting directly to the Service Delivery Manager and offers the opportunity not only to undertake the role delivery but also to support ongoing improvement and process development within an ITIL v3 framework, really making and individual mark. There is also real progression potential within the team and across the wider Leidos Defence Portfolio.
You will operate within a combined team delivering Service Support directly to the customer, but engaging closely with an agile change delivery team: both supporting their work with subject matter expertise and placing tasks on them to enable long term and sustainable resolution to problems and incidents. They will also be working closely with resolver groups from a number of different areas and ensuring that the processes they are responsible for are enacted and sustained.
Your main responsibilities within this role will include:
· Effective implementation of the Problem Management process for the programme, reporting as required to sustain the operation and provide evidence of Service Levels.
· Providing Problem related information at governance meetings on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, including chairing meetings related to Problem Management where required.
· Planning and coordinating Problem Management related activities as required to enable monitoring and reporting throughout the Problem lifecycle.
· Supporting the Incident Manager in minimizing impact of unavoidable Incidents, including Trend Analysis of Incidents in the avoidance of their becoming Problems.
· Acting as the main Point of contact for all identified and classified Problems: Identifying, Recording, Investigation and Diagnosis of problems using recognised techniques.
· Working with the wider team to own, progress and close Problems in a sustainable manner, including overview of longer term resolution work and the submission of Change Requests to Change Management to resolve known problems where required.
· Engage with the Incident Manager and Agile Change Team to provide guidance and requirements relating to any long term resolution work done outside of the core Resolver Groups.
· Monitor Problem rate, closures and resolutions to ensure that the Service Level Agreement are maintained.
· Identify, initiate, schedule and conduct Problem Reviews
· Ensure the closure and linked communication of all resolved and end-user confirmed Problem records
· Supporting the Continuous Improvement of the service including the development of the Problem Management process area.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
· Experience and a strong background in delivering ITIL (v3) Best Practice and experience in Service operations processes with particular focus on Problem Management. A knowledge and understanding of ITIL (v3) functions, principles and processes.
· Technical knowledge at a managerial level or experience of configuring automated tools for system monitoring and event notification e.g. OpManager, NetCool, SCOM etc.
· Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to define security requirements, and VMware virtualisation.
· A good understanding of WINTEL in secure environments.
· Problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Willingness to work out of hours or support out of hours work being delivered by others on occasion.
· Current SC clearance; willing and able to obtain the highest level of UK Security Clearances
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Private Medical Insurance
· 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.