Leidos’ Payroll services team is seeking a customer service-oriented Payroll Specialist who will provide payroll processing, tax support, audit requests, status reporting, special projects, and other duties as assigned. The payroll team handles complex union, federal contracting standards; expatriates, and other special pay situations for US based employees on missions around the world. This role reports to the Manager of US Payroll.
- Responsible to run the day-to-day payroll functions in an efficient and timely manner under the supervision of the Manager of US Payroll Operations.
- Calculate, compile and submit accurate information and adjustments into the payroll processing software for assigned employee groups.
- Calculate miscellaneous pay components in compliance with federal, state, and/or local policies and tax guidelines.
- Create, review, and audit manual checks.
- Prepare manual upload files used in the processing of payroll.
- Garnishment Payroll Entries and review
- Help to support employee receivables process
- Detect and resolve routine and complex payroll anomalies
- Prepare external reports to internal business partners and research GL matters
- Support help desk team by answering and resolving employee escalations
- Support team with special payroll projects, tax adjustments, and complex research matters.
- High School Diploma with 3 or more years progressive payroll experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel required
- Strong attention to detail
- Deadline Oriented
- Prior experience with UKG Pro Payroll, Costpoint Payroll, or Deltek T&E Systems highly desired
Please note that this position pays no higher than $55,000 per year.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.