We are seeking an industry recognized expert and Master Cyber Security Engineer to provide vision and oversight for the integration of government systems including disparate systems to provide an improved functionality and seamless operations. The selected candidate will work with the program and customer leadership and other Master Technology SMEs to provide full oversight and direction to transform and modernize the governments existing infrastructure and cyber capabilities. This role in concert with the other Master SMEs will be responsible for all technical leadership and chartered with the transformation and optimization of existing government capabilities. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive security solutions ranging from IT infrastructure, applications, system architecture, to full enterprise services, from program management activities and agency-wide operational support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals in full awareness of industry trends. This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology and IT delivery services.
- Maintaining technical expertise of current and evolving best practices, standards, and recommendations in cybersecurity and the broader IT industry
- Designing and developing cybersecurity programs and/or scripts, ensuring that design and development activities are properly documented and updated as necessary
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Perform analysis at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, test, deployment, operation and maintenance
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Drive discovery and qualification of cybersecurity services, products, and tools available via market vendors to inform capability development pilot planning, vendor assessment, and to-be product parameters (i.e., vision, features, technical requirements, end user outcomes, acceptance criteria)
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to elicit mission needs, identify technology investment opportunities, frame capability development pilots, monitor post-implementation impacts, and inform improvements for continuous sensing of stakeholder needs
- Leverage knowledge of cybersecurity technologies, best practices, and industry standards to brainstorm and develop perspective for new services and tools that creatively address the needs of mission partners
- Brainstorm with technology SMEs across different cybersecurity domains and topic areas (i.e., network defense, network monitoring and detection, vulnerability management, threat hunting, cloud security, virtualization, ICS, IoT security) to identify gaps in existing service and design concepts for services or tools that address these gaps and deliver new value to the partner network
- Contribute technical subject matter expertise to briefings, whitepapers, strategies, capability pilot plans, and other deliverables for technical and non-technical audiences to explain cybersecurity technologies, existing capability gaps, and proposed recommendations for capability maturation
- 10+ years of leadership experience managing security engineering teams
- Master degree in technical field with 15+ years of prior relevant experience; Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience.
- Lead Solutions Architect working with leading edge technology supporting both implementation and sustainment
- Experienced with securing at least one of the following cloud service provider types: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software a Service (SaaS), and Platfo1m as a Service (PaaS)
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently and collaborate with large teams
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening); ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
- Must possess at least one of the following Cybersecurity Certifications: CISSP, CCSP, CCNA, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, GIAC, SSCP, Security+ (or equivalent as approved by the Government)
- An active Secret security clearance
- Knowledgeable on emerging technologies and state-of-the-art Cyber tools/applications
- Experienced with developing/integrating cybersecurity designs for systems and networks
- Experience or knowledge of implementing Zero Trust architecture principles
- Experienced with documenting and addressing organizational information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements
- Experienced with documenting the protection needs (i.e., security controls) for information system(s) and network(s)
- Knowledge of cyber threats, vulnerabilities, cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- Ability to perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan
- Ability to determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes
- Ability to apply the methods, standards, and approaches for describing, analyzing, and documenting an organization's enterprise information technology (IT) architecture (e.g., Open Group Architecture Framework [TOGAF], Department of Defense Architecture Framework [DoDAF], Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework [FEAF])
- Skill to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation)
- Experienced with Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI)
- Experienced or knowledge of Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) solutions Security Information & Event Management (SIEM)
- Mobile security engineering knowledge or experience to include at least one of the following: Mobile Threat Detection (MTD), Mobile Device Management (MDM) security controls, Mobile Application Management (MAM) security controls
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.