We are seeking an industry recognized expert and Master Security Engineer to provide vision and oversight for the integration of government systems including disparate systems to provide an improved functionality and seamless operations. The selected candidate will work with the program and customer leadership and other Master Technology SMEs to provide full oversight and direction to transform and modernize the governments existing infrastructure and cyber capabilities. This role in concert with the other Master SMEs will be responsible for all technical leadership and chartered with the transformation and optimization of existing government capabilities. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive security solutions ranging from IT infrastructure, applications, system architecture, to full enterprise services, from program management activities and agency-wide operational support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals in full awareness of industry trends. This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology and IT delivery services.
- Ability to develop recommendations for policy, plans, and strategy in compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and standards in support of CISA cyber activities
- Ability to navigate concepts and issues related to cyber and its organizational impact
- Knowledge and technical expertise of current and evolving best practices, standards, and recommendations in risk management, cybersecurity and the broader IT industry.
- Reviewing proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks
- Designing and developing cybersecurity programs and/or scripts, ensuring that design and development activities are properly documented and updated as necessary.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Advise senior management on cost/benefit analysis of information security programs, policies, processes, systems and elements
- Perform analysis at all levels of system to include: concept, design, deployment, test, installation, operation and maintenance
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge security, technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Drive discovery and qualification of cybersecurity services, products, and tools available via market vendors to inform capability development pilot planning, vendor assessment, and to-be product parameters (i.e., vision, features, technical requirements, end user outcomes, acceptance criteria)
- Leverage knowledge of security technologies, best practices, and industry standards to brainstorm and develop perspective for new services and tools that creatively address the mission needs of CISA’s partners
- Master’s degree in technical fields with 15+ years of prior relevant experience; Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience
- Lead Solutions Architect working with leading edge technology supporting both implementation and sustainment
- Must possess at least one of the following Cybersecurity Certifications: CISSP, CCSP, CCNA, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, GIAC, SSCP, Security+ (or equivalent as approved by the Government)
- Experienced with developing system security context, a preliminary system security CONOPS, and define baseline system security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements
- Experienced with securing at least one of the following cloud service provider types: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software a Service (SaaS), and Platfo1m as a Service (PaaS)
- An active Top Secret security clearance TS/SCI
- 10+ years of leadership experience managing Cybersecurity engineering teams
- 10+ years high-level organizational strategy such as long term risk management, IT strategic planning and understanding risk, and developing people
- Experienced with developing/integrating cybersecurity designs for systems and networks Experience or knowledge of implementing Zero Trust architecture principles
- Experienced with documenting and addressing organizational information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements
- Experienced with documenting the protection needs (ie, security controls) for information system(s) and network(s)
- Ability to perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan
- Experienced with vulnerability scanning tools to include those supporting operation system, web application, database assessments, skill in translating operational requirements into protection needs (ie security controls)
- Experienced with architecting, engineering, deploying, and tuning of Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS)
- Experienced with Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) technologies
- Experienced or knowledge of Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) solutions Security Information & Event Management (SIEM)
- Mobile security engineering knowledge or experience to include at least one of the following: Mobile Threat Detection (MTD), Mobile Device Management (MDM) security controls, Mobile Application Management (MAM) security controls
- Ability to provide technical security engineering support for secure authentication. Integrate security tools implementing secure authentication/Single Sign On (SSO)
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Ability to monitor measures or indicators of system performance and availability.
- Ability to operate common network tools
- Ability to accurately define incidents, problems, and events in the trouble ticketing system.
- Experienced with at least one of the following: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Secure Assertion Markup Language (SAML), OpenID Connect (OIDC), and Derived credential integrations
- Experience with tuning and optimizing Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP) and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools supporting anti-malware, host intrusion protection, incident response, and Data Loss Protection (DLP) capabilities
- Knowledge of lows, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.