Leidos is currently seeking three (3) Construction Manager/Inspectors to be based on site with our U.S. Air Force client at either Al Udeid AB or Al Dhafra AB. Due to the eligibility to obtain a CAC card on a timely basis, US citizenship is required. This position will be responsible for performing construction management and inspection for vertical and horizontal construction, repair, and renovation associated with U.S. Air Force facilities.
- Reading, interpreting, and deciphering all construction documents (schedules, specifications, blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and related documents);
- Analyzing procedures to identify deficiencies
- Reviewing time/cost estimates
- Monitoring project phasing and ensuring adherence to approved safety standards
- Observing and inspecting ongoing construction work
- Overseeing construction record keeping activities
- Preparing and submitting reports, and keeping a daily log of all activities, weather conditions and work quantities
- Ensuring that all construction is performed IAW the applicable statement of work and Government-approved construction documents
- Reviewing shop drawings and product submittals in a timely and accurate manner; and performing and documenting daily inspections of construction sites and ensure the Government’s best interest is served
- Notifying the Government of non-compliance with construction SOW and/or Government-approved construction documents within 24 hours of inspection and providing an inspection report detailing the non-compliance
- Tracking individual projects against construction and service contracts
- Coordinating installation access with other contractors, and performing daily project visits
- Using Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Responding to contractor Requests For Information (RFI)
- Coordination with Host Nation and USAF stakeholders
We are looking for three (3) Construction Manager/Inspectors with demonstrated experience in design and construction for the Department of Defense, with well-developed professional skills and a proven track record of delivering results. Your ability to work collaboratively with a team of people from across multiple organizations and the company will be crucial for success.
- Experience (15+ years) in Construction Management for all phases of Civil and Building Construction
- Experience in Construction Management for Defense (DoD) MILCON and FSRM projects
- Versed in the International Building Code, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Fire Codes and the NEC in addition to general construction practices
- Experience in all aspects of building construction
- One (1) construction inspector must have experience with mechanical projects (HVAC, plumbing)
- One (1) construction inspector must have experience with electrical projects
- One (1) construction inspector must have experience in civil/structural projects
- Demonstrated the ability to complete projects on schedule and within budget
- Must be medically fit for duty (immunizations, dental clearance)
- Must have an active SECRET clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.