Leidos is currently seeking a Fire Protection Engineer to be based on site with our U.S. Air Force client at either Al Udeid AB or Al Dhafra AB. Due to the eligibility to obtain a CAC card on a timely basis, US citizenship is required. This position will be responsible for performing design and construction assistance on facility projects. You will attend meetings as required for projects or investigative/project development tasks. You will also be responsible for reviewing host nation provided design submittals and perform construction inspections and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction inspectors. You will assist reviewing and analyzing preliminary and final plans, and specifications for constructability, technical sufficiency and adequacy. You will prepare necessary correspondence, technical reports, fact sheets, and status reports and coordinate construction activities with multiple stakeholders. Duties include coordinating designs with appropriate managers and staff elements and maintaining current engineering data for assigned projects.
- Performing fire protection design analysis services including determination of sprinkler and alarm systems, and equipment selection
- Attending meetings as required for projects or investigative/project development tasks
- Reviewing host nation provided design submittals
- Supporting construction inspections, and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction inspectors.
- Field verifying facility fire protection systems
- Monitoring construction, reviewing submittals, and as-built drawings
- Ensuring compliance with contract plans and specifications
- Design review and coordination
- Performing engineering calculations
- Performing technical review of construction bids
- Responding to contractor Requests For Information (RFI)
- Coordination with Host Nation and USAF stakeholders
We are looking for a Fire Protection Engineer with demonstrable experience in design and construction for the Department of Defense, with well-developed professional skills and a proven track record of delivering results. Your ability to work collaboratively with a team of people from across multiple organizations and the company will be crucial for success.
- Registered Fire Protection Engineer
- Experience (5+ years) in Fire Protection design
- Demonstrated the ability to complete projects on schedule and within budget
- Must be medically fit for duty (immunizations, dental clearance)
- Must have an active SECRET clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevan
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00