At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
We are in search of a Mid-Level PostgreSQL Database Engineer who has experience in PostgreSQL to join our team based in supporting the contracts at the Social Security Administration.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
The PostgreSQL Database Engineer will…
- Apply subject matter expertise and experience functioning as a PostgreSQL database engineer and administrator
- Provide exceptional support our customer by providing design, build, configuration, test, update, documentation, implementation, operational support, and upgrades for PostgreSQL Open Source (Community Edition).
- The candidate shall demonstrate extensive knowledge in PostgreSQL database administration and best practices.
- The candidate shall demonstrate knowledge of cloud solutions and services in a hybrid cloud environment.
- The candidate must be self-motivated, be able to collaborate in a team environment, and show initiative to support and promote solutions that enhance the modern development environment.
- Excellent ability to communicate with team and customer regarding activities supported
- Solid experience with Open-Source PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of automated methods and best practices for installation and configuration of PostgreSQL and other SQL product tools
- Knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture and internals
- Strong experience with Database Administration tasks such as index creation and management, integrity checks, configuration, patching, statistics
- Documentation skills for creating processes and procedures
- PostgreSQL database operational support skills for educating application development and testing users
- Strong experience with database performance factors, monitoring tools, and tuning procedures
- Expert skills in Database Management including backup and recovery procedures
- Strong problem determination skills and root cause analysis
- Experience with GIT or other source control tools
- Experience with scripting
- DEVOPS experience a plus
- Automation using Liquibase or other schema management tools
- Two years of experience using Python or Ansible
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree +2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Associate's degree +5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.