The Leidos Innovations Center operates at the leading edge of technology by designing, demonstrating, and deploying solutions to solve complex remote sensing problems for our Department of Defense customers. We are currently seeking a Senior Signal Processing Engineer in our San Diego, CA office to join a leading-edge research and engineering group.
In this position you will collaborate with other subject-matter experts to support the development of cutting-edge signal processing algorithms with the aim of solving remote sensing problems important to the nation and world. You will bring your insights on sensor phenomenology and a deep understanding of physical processes to develop algorithms that maximally enhance signal while minimizing noise. You will be a liaison in the transition of insights gleaned into working algorithms, while maintaining close coordination with software and hardware engineers to produce efficient solutions for our customers. You will interact with customers and present research findings on a regular basis. We hire people with an intellectual curiosity and passion about science, technology, engineering, and math and who want to take that passion and turn it into reality. If you are hired, you will be part of a team that does just that.
- You will develop signal processing algorithms for remote sensing applications
- You will implement signal processing algorithms in high-level coding languages and be a liaison for software engineers and hardware engineers
- You will present findings to customers and a research community of scientists and engineers
- You will collaborate with multidisciplinary team members (Machine Learning Researchers, Data Scientists, Acousticians, Physicists, Mathematicians, Electrical Engineers, Systems Engineers, and more) to transition research and development into mature, robust solutions to complex problems.
- You will lead technical project teams
What's in it for you?
- A challenging, fast-paced work environment to solve critically important, real-world problems with unique data
- Flexible work schedule to maintain work-life balance
- Opportunities to enhance your skills in adaptive signal processing, varying sensor modalities, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning
- Professional and technical development opportunities through mentoring programs and full tuition coverage for masters and PhD programs
- A research-oriented environment with a small business feel created by an accessible organizational structure
- BS degree in a scientific field such as math, physics, computer science, data science, or engineering with 12+ years of prior relevant experience, Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience or Doctoral degree if less than 10 years of prior experience.
- Must have an active US Government Top Secret security clearance
- Strong math background
- Ease with high-level coding languages such as Matlab
- Ease with Linux systems
- Experience working and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, including leading technical teams and mentoring less experienced engineers
- Required on-site full-time work in San Diego, CA
- Adaptive Beam Forming
- Matched Filtering
- Spectral Estimation
- Detection Theory
- Interest in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Expert level MATLAB or Python
- Able to code with ease in C or Fortran
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.