The primary responsibilities of this role are to assist with inventory control and compliance processes across the entire SDA enterprise. This position conducts inventory analysis to solve inventory problems, implements and monitors inventory control procedures, and creates and leads physical cycle counts. The Material Control Specialist/Inventory Control Analyst will also train and assist with external warehousing functions and serves as the Subject Matter Expert in Inventory Control requirements for 3PL locations, both systemically and procedurally. This position will serve as the primary interface with our internal, external and manufacturing supply chain partners to ensure the supply chain process is adhered to. This individual will be responsible for providing Inventory program support of development, production and sustainment programs. This position will provide support for all audit processes and adhere to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) standards.
• Coordinates Inventory Control activities
• Develops and monitors standard metrics for inventory accountability including inventory loss tolerances and improvement targets
• Supports operations with inventory control troubleshooting including review and resolution of incomplete transactions, incorrect location detail, etc.
• Auditing - internal and external audit support; work with audit teams to resolve any audit findings; coordinates/supervises external site audits; provides reports/ data to auditors; performs training for sites prior to audits
• Works cross functionally with other teams to support Supply Chain initiatives
• Facilitates system quiet periods and system cut over activities with operations
• Field training of Warehousing personnel and facility managers on SOX controls and processes
• Cycle counting improvement projects
• Identifies and implements continuous improvement opportunities through standard cadences in support of operational excellence for business wide system enhancements
• Supports Business Process team with other continuous improvement goals
• Ensure timely issue resolution for inventory program requirements and issues
• Deliver all proposal material and labor inputs on time
• Partner with supply chain data analytics to develop metrics and reports that enable visible and comprehensive materials management
• Collaborate with supply chain and data analytics to develop metrics and reports that enable visibility and measure impact of supply chain initiatives.
2-4 Years of relevant experience
• Strong background in ERP Inventory processes required
• Must be proficient in the MS Office Package with strong working knowledge of excel
• Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving skills
• Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Must have proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Results driven and able to motivate cross-functional teams to achieve quality results
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to Travel as required
• Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) software and advanced concepts
• Min 2 years of Supply Chain Management experience with a bachelor’s degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Understanding of industry principles, concepts, practices and standards along with a basic knowledge of the manufacturing process.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Advanced Excel skills including Pivot tables, etc.
• Experience in Data Analytics.
• Experience in Project Management
• Lean/6 Sigma Green Belt certified preferred
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.