Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are seeking a CAD Drafter to work with our team of engineers in the Washington area.
While telework is a possibility, preference is for candidates in Oregon, Washington, Montana and Idaho.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment providing drafting support for multiple project teams to complete engineering packages.
In this role, you can expect to grow:
- With opportunities for both technical and non-technical training
- By working with different types of projects ranging from distribution to transmission level voltages
- By participating in our mentorship program
CAD Drafter Responsibilities:
- Candidate will be responsible of data management to include developing procedures and guidelines for project data files, documentation and procedures for back up of engineering documentation.
- Creation and maintenance of Plot Styles and layer controls
- Attends project meetings to ensure CAD work is on schedule.
- Candidate should be competent at applying practices to solve various engineering problems with practical solutions within timely manner and budget limitations.
- Prepare drawings from scratch utilizing reference drawings, images, PDF’s and hand sketches.
- Full understanding on preparing drawings to scale and dimensioning correctly, using different layouts and paper settings.
- Able to create structure drawings, hardware drawings, maps utilizing coordinates, basic understanding of permit drawings and others.
- Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant to our Quality Control Procedures
- Ability to identify the needs of the engineering clients to gain basic understanding of upcoming drawing needs.
CAD Drafter Qualifications:
- High school diploma.
- Associate’s degree in engineering technology or similar.
- 2+ years in Civil, Structural or Transmission Drafting
- Proficient in Microstation and some Autocad
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment.
- Good time management
- Willingness to put in extra effort
- Quality control and quality assurance
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.