The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMS Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries.
Leidos is currently searching for a senior-level Operations Manager to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program.
The candidate will review, design, implement ongoing improvements to Service Management practices and drive metrics across LPDH sustainment efforts. Sustainment of the EHR includes directing LPDH personnel in monitoring of the overall operational system; driving end-to-end Service Management incident, problem, and event management; improving incident management systems, reports and processes; coordinating fixes/patches in conjunction with Release Management teams; and ensuring acceptable system performance and availability. Ownership of priority incidents (patient safety or other critical issues) and ensuring completion of root cause analysis is included in this role. The successful candidate will have experience in working across a matrixed team to facilitate positive outcomes.
- Organize, direct, and coordinate the planning of all DHMSM support activities and coordinate resources as necessary.
- Analyze metrics and technical configurations and provides recommendations on the best alternatives.
- Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Implement a standardized framework that aligns the organization's information technology services with a catalog of services. Develop and manage procedures, practices, resources, and tools to ensure successful delivery of services.
- Lead weekly service operations meetings apprising senior Government leadership of SLA performance, network and system operations, security, remediation activities, performance impacts, system outages, and other operational matters.
- Proactively identify and remediate risks, issues, and dependencies, ensuring timely resolution.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in an engineering field from an accredited university. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum 15+ years’ experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain an ADP IT-II Public Trust Clearance based on the minimum of a Tier 3 investigation. Federal Government requirement.
- Demonstrated expertise in Enterprise Operations, including management of dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated experience in operations and maintenance of complex IT application solutions in a large scale, distributed enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience Data Center and ITIL Processes.
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of life-cycle system engineering (SELC) and transition from legacy systems.
- Displaying strong leadership and collaboration skills in working with stakeholders and project team members to manage, inform and influence outcomes.
- Demonstrating ability to adapt to changing demands and work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong leadership and accountability skills with a focus on delivering results.
- Experience interfacing and presenting to executive level customers.
- Development and collection of performance metrics, including KPIs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- Experience with large scale complex government programs which include Government Contracts Management.
- At least 7+years of proven experience managing an operation with at least 100 personnel delivering Operations Support Service.
- Additional ITIL Certifications.
- Healthcare IT experience.
- Experience with large complex EHR support operations, Cerner EHR experience highly preferred.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.