Leidos Operational Accounting is growing and we’re seeking a high-energy Accountant who thrives in a collaborative environment to join a dynamic, multi-national Company with a key role on the Corporate Operational Accounting Team. In this role, you will be an integral team member in providing critical support in the areas of accounting and financial reporting for our leasing and commercial real estate function. This is a highly visible position providing strong opportunities for advancement.
- Proactively assist with the monitoring of 600+ active leases
- Work collaboratively with employees, vendors and customers, often in a global environment
- Conduct research to support complex accounting situations
- Willingness to independently study standards and concepts with the goal of shortening the learning curve
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Analyze complex voluminous data to facilitate accurate financial reporting
- Conduct research surrounding expected vs actual results and monthly financial fluctuation
- Assist with preparation of disclosures included in the Company’s 10Q/10K SEC filings and quarterly supplemental reporting
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation
- Recommend and implement process improvements as appropriate to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Participate in Ad Hoc projects such as internal and external audit requests, department goals and initiatives, and other special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 2+ years of Accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, specifically GAAP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven with ability to work independently and collaboratively with others with minimal oversight
- Ability to work in deadline driven conditions with ability to juggle shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel
- Strong computer skills including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Flexible work schedule and willingness to provide additional support during priority reporting periods
- Knowledge of ASC 842
- Prior work experience in publicly traded company
- Deltek/Costpoint experience
- Government contract experience
- Costar experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,150.00 - $71,000.00 - $95,850.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.