The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to support an Intelligence Community (IC) program in Bethesda MD. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required to be considered for this position.
The candidate will support Government staff in the following:
- Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture.
- Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems.
- Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products.
- Analyzes and identifies all or part of an organization’s existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs.
- Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the system or subsystem via data exchange methodologies.
- Provides direction for design activities.
- Advise government partners and stakeholders on the design, development and/or implementation of information sharing systems.
- Conduct research and analysis of existing systems and solutions within federal government departments and agencies to aid enterprise-wide interoperability and the technical exchange of information.
- Support the identification and resolution of complex issues and develop innovative technical solutions for supporting government operations and requirements.
- Prepare and write technical briefings, position papers, and industry standard engineering artifacts.
- Develop technical project plans and advise the Government on proposed project goals, objectives, and tasks to achieve on-time delivery of products/services.
- Participate in technical exchange and governance meetings used to develop, issue, and monitor the implementation of guidance on systems/architectures.
- Facilitate requirements definition sessions, document requirements, help develop the test cases/scenarios, ensuring consistency in project plans and updates, and support testing modules as these are developed.
- Support evaluation of cloud-based hosting options and recommend solutions. Collaborate with stakeholders to gain consensus, formulate planning and drive progress.
- Take meeting notes as required.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph level clearance is required
- Industry standard certifications are desirable, especially to augment non-STEM degree
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience developing, implementing, or enhancing information sharing systems, preferably for government organizations.
- Working knowledge of existing systems and solutions within federal government departments and agencies, to include the IC;
- Full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle. Hands-on experience developing software solutions using JAVA and/or the .Net environments, and good understanding of the AWS or Azure
- Ability to understand and design technical solutions.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and discipline in identifying and resolving complex issues and developing innovative solutions for supporting government mission business processes and requirements;
- Ability to draft position papers, prepare briefings, and record minutes for executive level interagency meetings;
- Ability to communicate and work with executive-level partners and decision makers;
- Ability to develop project plans and propose project goals, objectives, and tasks to achieve on-time delivery of customer products;
- Past experience with creating/managing and integrating systems with diverse databases, schemas, XML/JSON based exchange specifications like NIEM is highly desired;
- Experience developing test cases/scenarios, ensuring consistency in project plans and updates, and conduct testing modules as these are developed. UML modeling experience is highly desirable;
- Certifications and operational experience with VMware, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure desirable.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.