The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group of Leidos is seeking a Journeyman Communications Specialist to support an Intelligence Community (IC) program in Bethesda MD or Tysons VA. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required to be considered for this position.
The candidate will support Government staff in the following:
- Leading communication support such as: the development, preparation, production, coordination, and editing of a range of products that may include finished intelligence products, strategy and planning documents, talking points, and speeches
- Prepares assignments based on input from subject matter experts
- Mentors and trains junior staff
- Utilizes tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud suite to create compelling content
- Utilizes request management tools such as NarQuest to provide swift, high quality customer support for communications requests
- Provides support by researching, proofreading, editing, creating, writing, processing, revising, formatting, providing quality checks, and coordinating the composition of products for hardcopy and electronic publication, as well as dissemination on multiple platforms. Products will be in a variety of formats, styles, and configurations, including written and web-based products
- Ensures documentation and editing support includes checks for accuracy and consistency in organization, style, readability, and accessibility based on the medium
- Drafts and edits a variety of communication materials and products, including but not limited to talking points, speeches, quotes, remarks, leadership communications, marketing copy, newsletter content, website content, and other communications products
- Serves as the primary author on fact sheets, pamphlets, website content, articles, email messaging, and other communications products, as needed
- Initiates, plans, executes, and reports on tasks independently, as identified
- Prepares and edits speeches or scripts for senior executives for live or recorded delivery, testimony, and statements for Congressional Record
- Rewrites submissions as necessary to organize, balance, and apply a consistent sense of style, grammar, and flow to these written materials
- Conveys complex information in a clear and simple manner
- Ensures all products are consistent with tradecraft and publication standards
- Advises and coaches leadership on the presentation and delivery of speeches
- Tools include the MS Office suite, collaboration tools such as MS Teams and Sharepoint, as well as Adobe Creative Suite.
- BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph level clearance is required
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.