The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group of Leidos is seeking a Journeyman Graphic Designer to support an Intelligence Community (IC) program in Bethesda MD or Tysons VA. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required to be considered for this position. The candidate will support Government staff in the following:
- Develops graphics, digital media, cartography, and other multimedia products
- Utilizes request management tools to provide swift, high quality customer support for communication requests
- Coordinates with UI/UX designer in Knowledge Management, to ensure graphics products provide an engaging and user friendly experience
- Creates graphic designs for variety of written and digital products
- Assists in developing design concepts and implementing designs for new web pages, mobile applications, newsletters, ads, infographics, banners, illustrations, logos, and other types of digital content that will be presented online
- Provides design services, including website graphics, social media graphics, HTML newsletter graphics, and support for print projects
- Ensures products conform to all production standards, copywrite laws, accessibility compliance requirements, public release clearances
- Conducts technical quality checks
- Manages an approved concept and builds it in HTML/CSS so it complies with responsive design principles
- Provides Cartography support, as needed, to design thematic and reference maps
- Requires 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- TS-SCI w/ Polygraph required
- Experience with the following:
- Developing graphics, digital media, cartography, and other multimedia products
- Creating graphics products that provide an engaging and user friendly experience
- Creating graphic designs for variety of written and digital products
- Assisting in developing design concepts and implementing designs for new web pages, mobile applications, newsletters, ads, infographics, banners, illustrations, logos, and other types of digital content that will be presented online
- Providing design services, including website graphics, social media graphics, HTML newsletter graphics, and support for print projects
- Ensuring products conform to all production standards, copywrite laws, accessibility compliance requirements, public release clearances
- Conducting technical quality checks
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.