Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are seeking a CAD Drafter / Designer to work out of our Oakbrook Terrace office.
** This role has the potential to be a hybrid onsite/remote position **
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment providing drafting support for multiple project teams to complete engineering packages.
In this role, you can expect to grow:
- With opportunities for both technical and non-technical training
- By working with different types of projects ranging from distribution to transmission level voltages
- By participating in our mentorship program
CAD Drafter / Designer Primary Responsibilities:
- Complete drafting assignments on Protection & Control, SCADA, Communications drawings including but not limited to Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, SCADA and Communication drawings, Control Building Layouts and Elevations, Panel Front Views and Cabinet Layouts, Wiring Diagrams, Interconnection Drawings, AC/DC Station Service drawings and other miscellaneous drawings as required by project scope.
- Complete drafting assignments on Physical Electrical drawings including but not limited to General Arrangement, Electrical Plans, Electrical Elevations, Sections and Details, Foundation Plans and Details, Structural Details, Grounding Plan and Details, Raceway Plan and Details, Equipment Vendor Files and other drawings as required by project scope.
- Support remote office overflow CAD workload on a need and availability basis. This will require coordination with other CAD leads in Leidos offices.
CAD Drafter / Designer Basic Qualifications:
- Associate of Applied Science in Drafting and Design degree from an accredited institution preferred. High school diploma/Drafting certificate with additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 1 year of drafting and detailing experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
- Proficiency with the manipulation of vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
- Proficiency with Windows operating system environments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to perform tasks in a fast paced engineering/production environment.
CAD Drafter / Designer Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with substation protection & control and physical drawings.
- Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools such as ProjectWise, FTP, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to understand and implement a wide range of client CAD standards.
- Experience with 3-D modelling in the following software packges;
- Autodesk Revit, Inventor, Autocad, Bentley Open Utilities, MicroStation.
- Program Customization, Knowledge of VBA and/or AutoLisp.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.