The Leidos Homeland Security Solutions operation has a current job opportunity for an experienced Senior Full Stack Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing vehicles, cargo, and travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
The candidate will guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of software systems integrate, monitor, and control security equipment deployed at our nation’s ports. The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide their expertise in software deployment across the software development lifecycle.
In this hands-on position, the candidate will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real-time systems. The candidate will exercise judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints. The candidate will participate in and/or direct major project deliverables through all aspects of the software development life cycle including work scope estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing, customer acceptance, and software delivery.
The Senior Full Stack Developer will be responsible for leveraging customer approved open-source and in-house tools to develop applications. This individual is expected to be a leader with respect to application development in a SAFe and Agile environment, and application development trends and technologies. As a senior member of the team, the Senior Full Stack Developer:
- Helps mentor junior developers.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and support ability and effectiveness analyzes.
- The Senior Full Stack Developer must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must be able to maintain and obtain a CBP Background Investigation prior to start
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience working with Agile software development teams, and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and SecDevOps practices.
- Experience with container technologies including Konvoy and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and deploying applications to commercial clouds.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Self-starter who can work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams, customers, and senior Leidos leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Experience with automated provisioning and configuration tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies
- Cloud certifications such as AWS DevOps Engineer or similar
- Experience with CBP
- Active Top Secret security clearance
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.