Leidos is looking for a Senior IT Security Engineer to provide leadership on a mission-critical program portfolio. The individual will oversee security compliance and processes, for a portfolio of applications. The individual will ensure that critical security functions such as Authorization To Operate (ATO), control gates, and related tasks and deliverables are completed successfully and on-schedule.
- Demonstrating hands on experience with operating IT security / Information Assurance solutions in the context of Federal IT Security regulations and guidance such as NIST 800-53, NIST 800-37 and FIPS 199
- Supporting the adoption and/or implementation of Federal and national security and compliance standards and/or guidance.
- Providing support to programming code reviews, determining system performance specifications, identifying and resolving interoperability problems, developing requirements, determining parameters, and resolving conflicts between disparate technologies as they arise.
- Providing potential solutions to remediate issues while allowing systems to remain operational and compliant in a mission-first environment
- Contribute to and be responsible for parts of cross-functional oversight for the development of new products and enhancements, and ensure best practices are being followed.
- Perform security and compliance analysis and activities, across products and/or teams within a portfolio, including requirements analysis
- Lead security and compliance assessments and evaluations pertaining to specific application and subsystems.
- Executing tasks, monitoring product delivery and work assignments.
- Develop and provide metrics and reporting to demonstrate application compliance.
- Perform vulnerability assessment and development and track mitigations.
- Assist portfolio management with technical direction and prioritization of the development backlog
- Ability to manage multiple high visibility security projects and adjust to quick shifts in customer priorities while meeting all mission requirements.
- Provide mentoring and training to other team members on security guidance, technologies and processes.
- Supporting development and maintenance of applicable Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plans, Business Impact Analyses (BIA), Business Continuity Plans (BCPs), and Disaster Recovery Plans (DRPs).
- Experience leading projects.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas are required:
- Demonstrated experience with NIST SP 800 series or equivalent series documents development and maintenance for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience supporting and securing software development projects/programs to include Agile development and DevOps/SecDevOps
- Demonstrated experience with securing cloud services (AWS or Azure)
- Experience defining strategic governance for security management, defining quality metrics, and implementing repeatable processes
- Experience providing project management support, systems support, process improvement recommendations and product support documentation
- Ability to obtain a Customs and Border Protection Public Trust suitability determination
- U.S. Citizenship
- Requires BS degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and at least 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- At least five (5) years’ experience managing IT security
- Experience with DHS, CBP, OIT, Border Enforcement, Cloud Services (AWS/Azure), Cloud Migration, DevOps/SecDevOps, Containerization, micro services, and Software Development
- Candidates with strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CASP or CSSLP
- Experience working with information security technologies (e.g., design, encryption, data protection, privilege access, identity and access management, incident management, risk management and auditing)
- Experience guiding peers, leaders, and decision makers on addressing complex security issues
- Experience with scanning and elevation tools (WebInspect, Fortify, JFrog Xray, SonarCube, Nessus etc.); and GRC tools (RSA Archer)
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.