The Leidos Homeland Security Solutions has a job opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer. The candidate will facilitate the development, implementation, and delivery of mission-critical software applications that support the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing vehicles, cargo, and travelers entering U.S. ports of entry (POEs).
The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide their expertise in infrastructure provisioning and configuration and software deployment across the software development lifecycle. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for leveraging open-source and in-house tools to manage private and public cloud infrastructure via code, designing reusable infrastructure components for scalable, highly available, secure architectures for cloud-based applications. The DevOps Engineer will provide input and expertise to senior engineers to maintain alignments with best practices and recommending system improvements while overseeing the automated deployment, roll-back, and monitoring of applications into software development, test, and production environment. This individual is expected to be a thought leader with respect to DevOps trends and technologies and mentor fellow DevOps engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- At least eight (8) years of experience performing DevOps activities in a professional capacity.
- Experience managing production workloads.
- Experience delivery and deployment of containerized applications and related technologies e.g., Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience working with Agile software development teams and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Experience implementing automated CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins) including the integration of security and test tools
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS)
- Experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience with automated provisioning and configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams, customers, and senior Leidos leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a US citizen with ability to pass a BI investigation and obtain a CBP Public Trust clearance.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS DevOps Engineer or similar
- Professional cybersecurity certification such as CISSP, or similar
- Active security clearance.
- Experience with DHS/CBP, their mission, and operating domains