The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Applications Trainer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in a CBP customer space. Leidos is building a new team to maintain and develop applications and maintain specialized border security equipment for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of a team creating innovative solutions.
This role plans, develops, and delivers training and training material to personnel across the enterprise including customer and contract participants. This role requires working with mission teams and vendors to create, deliver, and monitor training curricula appropriate for specific roles. This role requires excellent written and oral communication skills and domain understanding of the customer Enterprise IT environment and front-line mission environment. Training topics may include security, users, methodology, mission applications, or infrastructure. The Trainer provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Work with program leadership to understand training and communication needs for upcoming software releases and/or equipment deployments and develop associated training plans.
- Collaborate with the technical and operations teams to identify optimal training technique(s) based on the content of an upcoming release or deployment.
- Ensure timely delivery of training to CBP operators so users are prepared for upcoming changes.
- Coordinate with program management to prepare internal training materials for the ITI2 team and/or CBP front-line officers.
- Analyze training needs and develop programs to address them; evaluate third party training providers; develop lesson plans and training materials; and manage delivery of internal and externally-provided training.
- Superior knowledge of training methodologies, planning, and delivering training and assessment materials from various sources to support mission needs.
- Superior knowledge of and/or experience with the customer Enterprise IT environment.
- Experience developing and delivering on-line and in-person (live and video) training
- Ability and experience in working with mission teams to analyze training needs and deliver training, assessment tools and materials to appropriately train staff to meet mission and organizational requirements.
- Ability to analyze training requirements and develop training programs (including train-the-trainer programs), lesson plans and training materials, evaluate third party training providers, and manage delivery of internally and externally provided training.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and experience in technical and management leadership on major tasks and technology assignments.
- Experience in establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Decision making ability and technical knowledge that may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Experience interacting in client negotiations and working with senior management.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of experience. Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience. Four additional years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Experience developing engaging and effective virtual instructor-led training
- Experience with multi-media design architecture including Interactivity Levels 2 and 3
- Ability to manage knowledge sharing environments
- Highly-motivated with a positive, customer-first attitude.
- Agile and collaborative with strong creative, problem-solving and relationship-building skills.
- Works well under pressure and can handle tight deadlines, multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes initiative, ownership of assignments and personal responsibility
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.