The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Chief Architect - Engineer to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States and the systems engineering required for deployment and maintenance of Land Border Integration program specialized security equipment. This equipment includes License Plate Readers (LPRs), RFID Readers, and related equipment deployed to land POEs.
The Chief Architect - Engineer is responsible all technical performance and will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for technical matters and issues related to Land Border Integration needs. He/she will provide the planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to accomplish all work requirements and task orders and manage and oversee all technical activities performed by contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy the contract requirements.
The Chief Architect - Engineer will lead the technical strategy, solution development, and execution of systems and infrastructure information technology (IT) and support services.
The Chief Architect - Engineer will provide comprehensive systems engineering oversight, analytical, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative IT solutions and professional services to modernize CBP/DHS legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical and mission-support functions.
The successful Chief Engineer shall:
- Serve as the Leidos principal engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of LBI systems solutions that enhance overall system performance and availability
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of LBI solutions for the modernization of existing integrated systems and LBI equipment, and strategies for enhancing these systems
- Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to a complex matrixed Information Technology operations
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
- U.S. Citizenship
- BS and 12-15+ years' experience engineering and architecting enterprise solutions involving IT systems integrated with security equipment to include LPRs, RFIDs, Cameras, and related land border equipment
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices comprising concept development, requirements engineering, architecture, design and development, integration, test and evaluation, and operations and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience leading design and implementation of complex solutions on a large Program.
- Demonstrated experience modernizing and improving complex enterprise systems that include sensors and IT systems and networks
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Agile engineering practices.
- Demonstrated experience using and managing a variety of open-source technologies and cloud services, including the following:
- Public Cloud experience: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes supporting enterprise solutions: Kubernetes platforms, Docker, Aqua, Twistlock
- Infrastructure/Configuration as code: Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field
- Demonstrated experience in hardware/software integration, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Experience with biometric technologies, especially facial recognition
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- At least one nationally recognized vendor certification
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.