The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos has an opening for a Systems Administrator on our Ratchet Orphans program. We are seeking a Systems Administrator to support a Leidos Prime Program in the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems. The selected candidate will be responsible for systems administration activities such as translating those requirements into efforts to procure additional resources or enhance existing resources to optimize the applications running on those servers; providing ideas and solutions to support customer’s network architecture redesign; and working with developers to help troubleshoot varying activities across the network.
- Lead implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide leadership assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Oversee support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 3 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
- Provide expert support to communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Lead support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configure and manage Linux, UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain virtual environments
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain storage environments
- TS/SCI with polygraph clearance required
- Experience as a Systems Administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is require
- Requires BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Provide Tier 3 support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of software systems
- Experience maintaining Windows and Linux servers
- Must have strong Linux experience
- Advanced Software Troubleshooting Skills
- Understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Security+ certification
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities and strong communication skills.
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation or Higher Certification