The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos has an opening for a Systems Administrator on our Ratchet Orphans program. We are seeking a Systems Administrator to support a Leidos Prime Program in the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems. The selected candidate will be responsible for systems administration activities such as translating those requirements into efforts to procure additional resources or enhance existing resources to optimize the applications running on those servers; providing ideas and solutions to support customer’s network architecture redesign; and working with developers to help troubleshoot varying activities across the network.
- Lead implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide leadership assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Oversee support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 3 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
- Provide expert support to communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Lead support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configure and manage Linux, UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain virtual environments
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain storage environments
- TS/SCI with polygraph clearance required
- Experience as a Systems Administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is require
- Requires BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Provide Tier 3 support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of software systems
- Experience maintaining Windows and Linux servers
- Must have strong Linux experience
- Advanced Software Troubleshooting Skills
- Understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Security+ certification
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities and strong communication skills.
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation or Higher Certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.