Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Network Threat & Malicious Code Support Specialist (NTMCSS) (also known as Malware Analyst or DNEA Malware) will be part of a team responsible for analyzing, mapping, protecting and/or discovering vulnerabilities, intrusions and threats in computer network systems. The NTMCSS will conduct comprehensive analysis of all types of computer code, particularly malicious code to discover unknown, suspicious or exploitation activity. Will collaborate with analytical counterparts and across the U.S. Intelligence Community and apply knowledge of network fundamentals, open-source tools, and current implementation of those technologies in order to devise strategies to pursue access and exploitation of targets of interest.
- Perform long-term and time sensitive, in-depth technical analysis of malicious code (malware), analyze the inner workings, and develop defensive countermeasures.
- Write forensics and/or incident response reports, investigating computer attacks, and extract data from electronic systems.
- Train team members on analysis, tools and reporting.
- Perform technical analysis against target systems and networks, characterize target network capabilities and vulnerabilities, and support development of new techniques to exploit targets.
- Perform analyses of cyber activities to identify entities of interest; their methods, motives, and capabilities; determine malicious behavior; and recognize emergent patterns and linkages to visualize the larger picture of cyber-based operations.
- Discover unknown, suspicious or exploitation activity, and provide briefings of intrusion set activity to partner organizations/agencies.
- Perform technical analysis for exploitation of an identified activity that is of an unknown or suspicious origin.
- UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED. THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI WITH POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE.
- Technical Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 8 or more years continuous work experience with Intel network and vulnerability analysis
- In lieu of BS Degree 12 or more years continuous Intel network and vulnerability analysis experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Experience with any of the following Malware tools: Wireshark, OllyDBg, IDA Pro, RegShot, TCPDump, WinHex, Windbg, or PEid.
- Experience writing scripts/tools to develop an analysis capability to include: Applying basic analytic methods such as computer programming, (JAVA, Perl, C, etc.) and debugging programs.
- Experience related to the use of relevant CNO and SIGINT tools and databases used for the customer mission.
- An understanding of the Special Technical Operations and Special Access Program communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to present complex technology into layman terms.
- Self- motivated, creative, organized, willing to work as a member of a team, and able to manage individual schedule.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and non-standard hours when needed.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.