Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry?
Leidos is seeking a Hadoop Administrator who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
The Hadoop Administrator will be responsible for installing and maintaining Big Data (Cloudera) clusters in highly available, load balanced configurations across multiple environments. The candidate must have a strong understanding of Hadoop design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed performance.
Note: Possible On-Call rotation and after hours work needed
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Proven experience as an Admin on monitoring resource utilization and proactively identifying job performance and resource issues (network, disk usage, memory u sage, server-side limitation)
- Manage the effort to support, resolve and document issues that arise the in the environment. This may include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture/server/environments
- Test, verify, and install all Hadoop and Operating System patches and hot fixes adhering to the customer’s approved Change Management procedures.
- Perform MapReduce Maintenance Tasks including adding or decommissioning a task tracker, killing MapReduce jobs and tasks as required, restarting blacklisted task Tracker, perform ongoing optimization and tuning, configure, maintain and perform data ingestion.
- Configure and perform data and system backup and recovery, troubleshoot, diagnose and implement fixes or changes to correct any issues.
- Produce reports related to the environment.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree with 3+ years’ experience. High school diploma with an additional 5 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- In order to access customer information, must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Strong communication (written and oral), documentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast, paced environment and perform duties without immediate supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks to ensure project deadlines are met
- Proficiency with all or some of the following: MS Office Suite including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.