Leidos is hiring for an Unreal Virtual Reality Developer!
The NISC IV program within Leidos Civil Group is seeking a candidate with software development skills to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) with 3D Modeling, Augmented Reality (AR), and Virtual Reality (VR) of Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) siting projects. The AR / VR programmer will develop stand-alone interactive experiences specifically for ATCT siting’s and air traffic facility equipment layouts. This will involve utilizing the Unreal engine for ATCT’s and creating code for immersive interactive supplemental products through the use of VR equipment and the Hololens 2 augmented reality headset to support the unique requirements of the siting team.
Routine duties will include:
- Develop realistic and immersive Virtual Reality experiences, leveraging Unreal Engine.
- Candidate will be required to bring to life digital models that include but not limited to: airports, Air Traffic Control Towers (ATCT), aircraft, airport vehicles, Air Traffic Control Towers equipment, environmental elements such as (trees, sky, water, landscapes and weather) for Personal Computer and Virtual Reality.
- Work with a team of 3D modelers and Augmented Reality /Virtual Reality developers to design features ranging from technical, visual, and artistic.
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the final product’s development.
- Serve as a voice of expertise in Virtual Reality and Virtual Reality development willing to mentor and share your knowledge of the Unreal engine internally.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
We offer meaningful and engaging, collaborative culture, and support your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work life balance. Are you ready to grow with us?
Please Note: This is a 100% remote role with 25% travel to FAA Control Tower Sites.
- Strong level of understanding of all aspects of C++, the Unreal editor, Blueprint, code, and engine.
- Must possess 8+ years of direct experience utilizing Unreal Engine on professional projects in the video game industry, architecture, training, and simulation or transportation industry.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR Masters degree and 6 years of relevant experience OR Additional years of relevant experience maybe be considered in lieu of degree.
- Deep understanding at developing dynamic gameplay-related systems.
- Ability to debug and optimize code.
- Experience with the Cesium and the Georeferencing plugins for the Unreal Engine.
- Experience with scripting languages and component-based game engines.
- Ability to work in a dynamic cross-functional environment in a 100% remote working environment.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance.
Additional Attributes That Will Help Ensure Success:
- Experienced working under tight deadlines, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience developing for both single player and multiplayer game play environments.
- Strong knowledge of VR and PC development fundamentals.
- A seasoned programmer who can execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills with a proactive team-oriented mindset.
- Desire to both teach others and learn new techniques in the Unreal Engine.
- Strong work ethic that strives for continuous process improvement and production efficiency.
- Samples of Development work.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.