At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a motivated, experienced, and innovative Senior Accountant to join our Accounting and Business Operations (ABO) team, which is primarily located in Reston – VA, Tucson – AZ, and Oak Ridge – TN. As a core member of the ABO team, you will play a valuable part in supporting and executing a wide range of projects and programs in the areas of general accounting.
This role will leverage your knowledge in Operational Accounting to provide leadership and guidance to the Corporate and Group Operations team. It will also allow telecommute with potential for in-office engagement and training activities.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Accounting and Business Operations will support the Mission, Vision and Values of Leidos in a collaborative, transformational and inclusive team environment with the goals of optimizing cash flow, delivering accurate financial results, maintain a high standard of transparency and compliance for our stakeholders.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Oversee prepaid and other misc. asset accounting, as well as assist in approving and preparing journal entries related project assets.
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and accruals across corporate and group functions.
- Assist in managing the administration of the disclosure and representation letter process.
- Provide fluctuation analysis and explanations for movements in accounts being managed
- Possess the skills to identify issues, facilitate meetings with stakeholders and resolve complex accounting matters in a timely manner.
- Monitor compliance related to applicable accounting policies, as well as refining policies and procedures and providing guidance on policy application internally or to other departments.
- Preparing presentations on various adhoc topics, preparing and providing trainings to the accounting team and other departments, leading functional areas as assigned and supporting other accounting activities as required.
- Providing audit support to internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and minimum 4 years of strong experience in Accounting or Master’s in Accounting degree with a minimum of 2 years strong experience in Accounting.
- Public accounting audit experience or accounting experience within a publicly traded corporation.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the ability and eagerness to work additional hours during surge or accounting close weeks.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.