At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We are in search of an experienced Virtualization Infrastructure Engineer supporting the Cyber TRIDENT Program in Orlando “The City Beautiful,” Florida. The candidate will guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of capability focused on Cyber Training systems. The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide engineering support of a virtualized computing environment.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Supports the design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of complex information system virtualization infrastructure, including both traditional and hyper converged architectures.
- Supports the systems administration of full stack data center infrastructure, including but not limited to: Compute, Storage, Networking, Power, Cabling, Racking, Virtualization, Containerization, and physical facility infrastructure.
- Maintains relevancy with commercial virtualization solutions, processes, and architectures to keep pace with industry offerings and trends.
- Supports the design and implementation of enhancements to the system, ensuring that application software, cybersecurity and operational use cases are fully accounted for.
- Responsible for ensuring maximum system uptime and rapidly responds to hardware and software failures.
- Quickly diagnoses operational, performance or other issues and leads the implementation of resolutions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years’ of experience in a relevant field. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have experience with Enterprise Virtualization (VMWare, NSX-T) – vCloud experience a plus.
- Experience with Agile and DevSecOps concepts and best practices.
- Ability to support program execution in classified environments.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Self-starter that can work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience with cloud storage integration (NetApp ONTAP) is a plus
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Trello, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins, GitLabExperience with container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience with automated provisioning and configuration tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies
- Professional cybersecurity certification such as Security+, or similar.
- Experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS)
- Experience with automated test tools like Katalon, Selenium, Cucumber, or JMeter
- Background with software design patterns and programming languages is a plus.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.