Leidos has an opening for an Emergency Management Specialist to support national security functions within the Intelligence Community (IC). This position will provide critical operations, logistics, and planning support to the customer to ensure preparedness during emergency events. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
The Specialist will provide recommendations and technical support to the customer’s continuity and emergency management missions. The Specialist will brief a variety of audiences, provide educational instruction and training regarding continuity and emergency management best practices. The Specialist will lead the development and maintenance of policies, plans, and procedures that ensure the agency can successfully execute emergency management capabilities under all conditions and circumstances. The Specialist will prepare emergency management and building evacuation training materials. The Specialist will provide support to components in plan development and maintenance of component level plans, and assist with reviewing and evaluating agency functions, interdependencies, and assess compliance with applicable authorities. In the event of a national security event or other emergency, the Specialist will provide temporary surge support to the customer at all customer facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 to 12 years work experience or a Master’s degree with 6 to 10 years work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of federal emergency management program roles, responsibilities, plans, procedures, policies and concepts as well as knowledge of IC elements and/or ODNI components missions and relationships
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing and coordinating emergency management policies and procedures
- Strong communication skills are necessary in order to brief leadership
- During national security emergencies, national special security events, or any other emergencies, the Specialist will be expected to be available 24 hours a day/7days a week/365 days a year as required by the customer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications ( Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Possession of a valid state-issued driver’s license
- Exposure to FEMA emergency management classes are desired
- Must possess a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.