Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst on the DISA GSM-O program in Arlington, VA or Alexandria, VA.
Our team provides 24x7 cybersecurity monitoring services for Joint Service Provider networks, including performing real-time cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlating actionable security events, performing network traffic analysis using raw packet data, and participating in the coordination of resources during the incident response process. SENIOR ANALYSTS ONLY WORK DAY SHIFT.
- Utilize alerts from endpoints, IDS/IPS, netflow, and custom sensors to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints.
- Review massive log files, pivot between data sets, and correlate evidence for incident investigations.
- Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks.
- Document analysis, findings, and actions in case/knowledge management system.
- Create and distribute incident reports to customers and higher headquarters.
- Support high-visibility and high-tempo incident response, as required.
- Impart of skills and abilities through mentoring junior analysts
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance at minimum, and be TS/SCI eligible (DIA Adjudicated or capable of reciprocal acceptance by DIA)
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience; additional work experience or Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6+ years of prior incident handling/response experience
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
- DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE, ISC2 SSCP, SANS GSEC prior to starting.
- DoD 8570 CSSP-A level Certification such as CEH, CySA+, GCIA or other certification is required within 6 months of hir.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cybersecurity domain and an ability to think and work independently
- Hands-on experience with a variety of IDS, IPS, SIEM, and cybersecurity analytical tools.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to travel between the Pentagon and the Mark Center (Alexandria) as necessary.
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. ArcSight, Splunk, Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, QRadar, LogLogic).
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS/HBSS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Network Forensics.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
Work for this role will be performed at the Pentagon and at the Mark Center. Travel between both locations may be required.
External Referral Eligible
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.