The Leidos Innovations Center operates at the leading edge of technology by designing, demonstrating, and deploying solutions to solve complex remote sensing problems for our Department of Defense customers. We are currently seeking a CUDA/C Developer in our San Diego, CA office to join a leading-edge research and engineering group.
In this position you will develop cutting-edge software solutions for various applications such as AI, machine learning, mathematical and physical modeling, signal processing, and computer science, to conquer remote sensing problems important to the nation and world. You will bring new insights into data, develop novel technical solutions and design, create, test and deliver software products. You will interact with customers, work in a team environment, and improve the software quality developed by our organization. We hire people with an intellectual curiosity and passion about science, technology, engineering, and math and who want to take that passion and turn it into reality. If you are hired, you will be part of a team that does just that.
- Work with subject matter experts to design, develop, and deploy software solutions for classified applications on CPU/GPU hardware.
- Responsible for the specification, design, development, implementation, unit testing, integration testing, writing of documentation and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members (Machine Learning Researchers, Data Scientists, Acousticians, Physicists, Mathematicians, Signal Processing Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Systems Engineers, and more) to transition research and development into mature, robust solutions to complex problems.
What's in it for you?
- A challenging, fast-paced work environment to solve critically important, real-world problems with unique data
- Flexible work schedule to maintain work-life balance
- Opportunities to enhance your skills in Software Engineering, Software Development, Data Science, Machine Learning and Signal Processing
- Professional and technical development opportunities through mentoring programs and full tuition coverage for masters and PhD programs
- A research-oriented environment with a small business feel created by an accessible organizational structure
- BS degree in a scientific field such as computer science, math, data science, physics, or engineering with 4+ years of prior relevant experience, or a Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience or a Doctoral degree in relevant field.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Proficient in both C and CUDA with the ability to write clear, well organized, maintainable code
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience using Git and JIRA
- Required on-site full-time work in San Diego, CA
- Strong problem-solving skills, software architecture design and data structures
- Experience working and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong coding skills in a variety of languages (MATLAB, C++, Fortran, Python, and HDF5)
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.