We are excited to announce an opening for a Material Planner on our Strategic Sourcing team in either the Reston, VA or Springfield, VA locations! This person will be responsible for supporting the material acquisition plans for the Leidos Intelligence Business Line. Must have the ability to work with a Program Manager and Associate Director in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish. Individual will be interfacing with Vendors, Logistics, Receiving, and Strategic Sourcing to ensure program milestones are met. This is a great opportunity for a fully cleared candidate to learn the procurement field.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
- Works with Program team to ensure a streamlined procurement process of materials against program requirements to include using a credit card for micro purchases.
- Works with programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish.
- Maintains reports and monitors material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
- Coordinates forecasts, workload, expediting, and acquisition priority with commodity/category team leadership.
- Provides advice to programs as to proper routes to take that will be to the greatest benefit of the program.
- Analyzes material requirements for leveraging opportunities, supplier recommendations, acquisition planning
- Engages supply chain (vendor to manufacturing) to determine optimal acquisition strategy.
- Manages production and delivery schedules.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years prior business experience. Equivalent work experience AND/OR training, certifications, education, military experience combined may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Good organization and communication skills
- Intermediate Excel experience (Pivot Tables, Charts, v-Lookups, Bar Charts)
- Must possess a Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph for consideration. This requires US Citizenship.
- Buying or supply chain management experience
- Experience using IBM Maximo or Deltek Costpoint
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.